9th National Paediatric Research Conference
A national bioethics symposium co-organised by the Paediatric Department, International Medical University and College of Paediatrics, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia in conjunction with the 9th Annual National Paediatric Research Conference.
- To promote discussions and free exchange of research ideas while cultivating and supporting paediatric research in the country.
- To provide participants a broader dimension and understanding in paediatric bioethical issues and its current controversies.
- A prelude to Kuala Lumpur International Neonatology Conference “Neonatology Thinking Hats: Ethics, Controversies and Evidences” from 23rd to 26th November 2017.
- Paediatricians and paediatric registrars
- Health care administrators and ethics committee members
- Academicians and researchers
- Public health workers and family medicine staff
- Clinicians, scientists and medical students
- And all who look after fetuses, babies, children and adolescents
Professor Dr John D. Lantos
Professor of Paediatrics at the University of MissouriKansas City School of Medicine and Director of the Children’s Mercy Bioethics Center at Children’s Mercy Hospital. Former President of the American Society of Bioethics and Humanities and of the American Society of Law, Medicine and Ethics and an advisor to the American Academy of Paediatrics on bioethics issues.
Registration Fee (All fees inclusive GST 6%)
|Early Bird (31 January 2017)||RM400|
|Medical Officer and Paediatrics Trainees *||RM400|
|Allied Health Professionals and Students *||RM300|
* Discounted fee for those submitting abstract will be made available after abstract result is out.
CONFERENCE TOPICS INCLUDE
- Engaging Healthcare Professionals in the Dilemma of Paediatric Bioethics
- Clinical Ethics and Ethics Consultation: The Fetus, Newborn, Child and Adolescent!
- The Illusion of Futility – A Dilemma for Obstetricians, Neonatologists and Paediatricians?
- What Can We Learn from the SUPPORT Controversies – How Should We Include Minors into Research Studies?
- Ethics and Vaccines I: How Should Doctors Respond to Parents Who are Hesitant to Vaccinate their Children?
- Ethics and Vaccines II: More Than Just a Cultural Humility?
- Ethics and Vaccines II: Controversies in Vaccine Mandates
- Let’s Not Tell the Parents About This! Let’s Not Tell the Child! (Should we always tell parents / children the truth)
- This Study is Unethical! (Ethical issues in paediatric clinical trials)
- Money is Not Everything! (Why money will not cure under-immunisation)
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
- All researchers and trainees in paediatrics, child health and related fields are welcome to present their researches / case reports during this conference.
- Each researcher may submit as many abstracts as possible. Participants must register for the conference for their abstract(s) to be accepted. Abstracts selected for oral presentation will be informed in advance.
- Each abstract should be sent in Microsoft Word document format (*.doc / *.docx) and must not exceed 250 words; excluding the abstracts title, authors and their affiliations.
- Time allocated for each oral presentation is 10 minutes; including questions and answers.
- Time allocated for each poster presentation is 3 minutes; including questions and answers.
- Presentations will be judged by a panel of experts.
- Posters should be in A0 Size in Portrait (Approximately 118.9cm x 84.1cm).
- Closing date for abstract submission is 31 January 2017.
Scientific Communications ***
We welcome the submission of abstracts for both Oral and Poster Presentations. Kindly submit your abstracts using the form below
The following awards will be given:
a) Oral presentations:
1st Prize – RM2000
2nd Prize – RM1000
3rd Prize – RM500
b) Poster presentations:
1st Prize – RM700
2nd Prize – RM500
3rd Prize – RM300
Abstracts submission deadline is 31 January 2017.