August 7, 2017 Abhishek, Parolia
Education and Training
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Manipal University||2006|
- Natural Products and Endodontic Microbiology
International (as Principal Investigator)
- Intracanal placement of calcium hydroxide: A comparison of specially designed paste carrier technique with other techniques- BDSI01/2009 (02) 2012- IMU 3000 RM. (Principal Investigator)
- Invitro study on the effectiveness of six intracanal medicaments against E faecalis infected human root canal dentinal tubules at different depths- by using culture method, polymerase chain reaction and scanning electron microscope- IMU 252/2012- IMU 20000 RM. (Principal Investigator)
- Wound Healing effect of Malaysian propolis and Brazilian red propolis on the connective tissue fibroblast cell lines and its genomic profiling in the healing process- BMS I-02/2012 (04)- IMU 20000 RM. (Principal Investigator)
- Development of novel chitosan-flavonoids nanoformulations against Enterococcus faecalis in the root canal using extracted human tooth model: Exploratory Research Grant Scheme - RM 221,000.00- 2013. (Co-Investigator) (ERGS/1/2011/SKK01/IMU/03/1) (JPT.S(BPKI)2000/09/01/018JID.6(27))
- Effectiveness of Propolis, Novamin (Amorphous Sodium Calcium Phosphosilicate) and Arginine -Calcium Carbonate in dentinal tubules occlusion: In vitro study 4.12/JCM-69/2013 (BDentistry and surgical project) - 3400 RM (Principal Investigator).
- A Comparative evaluation of the oral bacterial infection among healthy and autistic children – IMU/ B Pharm 6000 RM. (Co-Investigator)
- Patient satisfaction and its association with the quality of root canal therapy and the dental undergraduate’s Emotional intelligence. – IMU/BDS 3000 RM. (Co-Investigator)
Supervision of Postgraduates (MSc/PhD)
(Last 5 years – 2002-2017)
- Project: Investigation for the Organ Specific Toxicity from the Therapeutic Use of Coptis Chinesis
- Member of International Association of Dental Research
- Member of Federation of Operative Dentistry of India
- Member of Malaysian Dental Association
- 2002- First rank in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- 2002- Gold Medal in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics from Manipal University
- 2009-2010- Awarded a performance grade of A++ from Manipal University
- 2010- Research Incentive Award from Manipal University
- 2011- Research Incentive Award from Manipal University
- 2011- Marquis Award (USA)
- 2011- Significant contribution as a newcomer from International Medical University
- 2014- Invaluable contribution in leading ICDAS initiative from International Medical University
(last 5 years – 2012 -2017)
- Parolia A, Mohan M, Kundabala M, Shenoy R. Indian Dental Students’ Preferences Regarding Lecture Courses. Journal of Dental Education 2012; 76(3): 366-371.
- Parolia A, Khosla M, Kundabala M. Endodontic management of hypo, meso and hypertaurodontism: Case reports Australian Endodontic Journal 2012; 38: 36–41.
- Parolia A. Intracanal Placement of Calcium Hydroxide: A Comparison of Specially Designed Paste Carrier Technique with Other Techniques. International Dental Journal 2012; 62 (Suppl. 1): 31–32. (Abstract)
- Porto IC, Ramos de Brito AC, Parolia A. Effect of cross infection control barriers used on the light-curing device tips on the cure depth of a resin composite’ Journal of Conservative Dentistry 2013; 16(3): 224-228.
- Parolia A, Manak K, Porto IC, Kundabala M. Endodontic management of dilacerated and bayonet shaped roots: case reports. Revista Gaúcha de Odontologia. (RGO) 2013; 61 (2): 269-277.
- Izabel C.G. Mendonça; Michelle L.B.B. Medeiros; Roberta A.P.M. Penteado; Parolia A; Isabel C. C.M. Porto, An overview of the toxic effects and allergic reactions caused by propolis, Pharmacologyonline, 2013, 2: 96-105.
- Tan JM, Parolia A, Pau AK. Intracanal Placement of Calcium Hydroxide: A Comparison of Specially Designed Paste Carrier Technique With Other Techniques. BMC Oral Health. 2013; 13(1): 52:1-7.
- Parolia A, Toh CG, Porto IC, Kundabala M. 'Endo-Perio Lesion: A Dilemma from 19th till 21st Century' Journal of Interdisciplinary Dentistry, 2013; 3(10): 2-11.
- de Moraes Porto IC, Honório NC, Amorim DN, de Melo Franco ÁV, Penteado LM, Parolia A. Comparative radiopacity of six current adhesive systems. J Conserv Dent 2014; 17: 65-9.
- Rajoo M, Parolia A, Pau A and Amalraj FD. The Role of Propolis in Inflammation and Orofacial Pain: A Review. Annual Research & Review in Biology, 2014; 4(4): 651-664.
- Ahlawat P, Parolia A, Hasan Z, Smales FC, Pau A, Toh CG. Comprehensive Implementation of the International Caries Detection and Assessment System (ICDAS) in a Dental School and University Oral Health Centre: A Stepwise Framework. Dentistry Journal. 2014; 2(1): 41-51.
- Parolia A, Adhauliya N, Porto IC, Kundabala Mala. A Comparative Evaluation of Microleakage around Class V Cavities Restored with Different Tooth Colored Restorative Materials. Oral Health Dent Manag 2014; 13(1): 120-126.
- Chua EG, Parolia A, Ahlawat P, Pau A, Amalraj FD. Antifungal effectiveness of various intracanal medicaments against Candida albicans. An ex-vivo study. BMC Oral Health, 2014,14(53): 1-8.
- de Moraes Porto I, das Neves LE, de Souza CK, Parolia A, Barbosa Dos Santos N. A comparative effect of mouthwashes with different alcohol concentrations on surface hardness, sorption and solubility of composite resins. Oral Health Dent Manag. 2014;13(2): 502-6.
- Parolia A, Gee LS, de Moraes Porto ICC, Mohan M. Role of Cytokines, Endotoxins (LPS), and Lipoteichoic Acid (LTA) in Endodontic Infection. J Dent Oral Disord Ther 2014; 2(4): 1-5.
- Mohan M, Sharma H, Parolia A, Barua A. Knowledge, Attitude and Perceived Confidence in Handling Medical Emergencies among Dental Practitioners in Dakshina Kannada, India. Oral Health Dent Manag 2015; 14(1):27-31.
- Bhatia S, Kohli S, Parolia A, Lim NYH, Tung LC, Hean TE. Prevalence of radix molar in mandibular permanent molars: an observational study in Malaysian population. Oral Health Dent manag. Oral Health Dent Manag 2015; 14(1):32-36.