August 28, 2017 Anna Pick Kiong, Ling
Education and Training
|PhD||University Putra Malaysia||2004|
|BSc (Hons)||University Malaysia Sarawak||1999|
- Plant Biotechnology
- Edible vaccines
(Listing of latest 15 projects)
- Production and characterisation of edible human rotavirus VP6 protein expressed in engineered Centella asiatica cells. Exploratory Research Grant Scheme (ERGS), Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), 2012 – 2015 – Principal Researcher
- Investigating neuroprotective effects of orientin on hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis in neuronal cell line. IMU BMedSci 2012- Principal Researcher
- Development of advanced and promising mutant lines derived from mutagenesis of Oryza sativa cv MR219 for drought-tolerant, blast resistant and quality traits. eScience Fund, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), 2012-2013 – Co-researcher
- Screening of selected medicinal plant extracts for dengue-1 virus inhibitory activities. BMeSci 2011-2012 – Principal Researcher
- Anti-adipogenic and apoptogenic effects of Ficus deltoidea on 3T3-L1 adipocytes. IMU BPharm 2011- Principal Researcher
- Anti-dengue virus activity of six Malaysian folk medicinal plants. IMU BMedSci 2010-2011 - Principal Researcher
- Establishment of Eurycoma longifolia (Tongkat Ali) root culture for the production of pharmaceutically important lead compounds. The UTAR Research Fund (UTARRF), University Tunku Abdul Rahman, 2009-2010 - Principal investigator
- Production of flavonoids in cell cultures of Ficus deltoidea (Mas Cotek). eScience Fund, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), 2007-2009 – Co-researcher.
Supervision of Postgraduates (MSc/PhD)
(Last 5 years – 2012-2017)
- Hasma Ilyani Bt Kadar (2012- Present) – Co-supervisor
Improvement of rice grain quality through mutation breeding.
(last 5 years – 2012 -2017)
- Tang, L.I.C., Ling, A.P.K., Koh, R.Y., Chye, S.M., Voon, KGL. (2012). Screening of anti-dengue activity in methanolic extracts of medicinal plants. BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine, 12:3.
- Hussein, S., Ling, A.P.K., Ng, T.H., Ibrahim, R., Paek, K.Y. (2012). Adventitious roots induction of recalcitrant tropical woody plant, Eurycoma longifolia in response to auxins and carbon sources. Romanian Biotechnological Letters, 17:6953-6963
- Hussein, S., Ling, A.P.K., Lau, C.Y., Ong S.L., Harun, A.R. (2012). Morphological and physiological responses of Eurycoma longifolia callus to gamma irradiation. Bioremediation, Biodiversity and Bioavailability, 6(Special Issue 1): 70-74