August 9, 2017 Chandrashekhar T, Sreeramareddy
Education and Training
|MSc International Health||TropEd Consortium for education in Public Health||2008|
|Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Public Health||Charite University Germany||2007|
|MD Community Medicine||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India||2003|
|MBBS||Bangalore Medical College, India||1999|
- Global Public Health
- Tobacco Control
- Indian Council for Medical Research, New Delhi, India in collaboration with Public Health Foundation of India for "Family and community interventions under IMCI strategy for reduction of neonatal and under-fives mortality among children in Low-and-middle-income countries: a systematic review" (500,000 Indian rupees) 2015-16
- Research publication Scheme grant based impact factors of publications in ISI tracked journals (RM150,000) from 2013-15, from University Tunku Abdul Rahman
- Health and nutritional status of primary school in sub urban Selangor, Malaysia. University Tunku Abdul Rahman Research Fund (RM 20,000) 2012
- Indoor Air Pollution as a Risk Factor for Tuberculosis- A Case-Control Study. A funded research project by International Training and Research in Environmental and Occupational Health (ITREOH) via University of California, Berkeley (published). (USD 10,000) 2005-06
- Indian Public Health Association
- International Society for infectious Diseases
- International Epidemiological Association
- International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship visiting academic Scholar (2010)
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for European Masters In International health (2007-08)
- Belgium Directorate-General for Development Cooperation scholarship 2009
(last 5 years – 2012 -2017)
- Sreeramareddy CT, Pradhan PM. Prevalence and Social Determinants of Smoking in 15 Countries from North Africa, Central and Western Asia, Latin America and Caribbean: Secondary Data Analyses of Demographic and Health Surveys. PLoS One. 2015 Jul 1;10(7):e0130104.
- Sreeramareddy CT, Rahman M, Harsha Kumar H, Shah M, Hossain AM, Sayem MA, Moreira JM, Van den Ende J. Intuitive weights of harm for therapeutic decision making in smear-negative pulmonary Tuberculosis: an interview study of physicians in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2014 Aug 8;14(1):67.
- Sreeramareddy CT, Qin ZZ, Satyanarayana S, Subbaraman R, Pai M. Delays in diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis in India: a systematic review. Int J. Tuberc Lung Dis 18(3):255–266.
- Sreeramareddy CT, Ramakrishnareddy N, Subramaniam M. Association between household food access insecurity and nutritional status indicators among children aged <5 years in Nepal: results from a national, cross-sectional household survey. Public Health Nutr. 18(16), 2906–2914
- Sreeramareddy CT, Sathyanarayana TN, Anchala R, Harsha K (2015) Family and Community interventions under IMCI strategy for reduction of neonatal and under-fives mortality among children in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. Campbell Systematic Reviews
- Sreeramareddy CT, Harsha Kumar HN, Arokiasamy JT. Prevalence of self-reported tuberculosis, knowledge about tuberculosis transmission and its determinants among adults in India: results from a nation-wide cross-sectional household survey. BMC Infect Dis. 2013 Jan 17; 13:16
- Sreeramareddy CT, Sathyanaryana TN. Decentralised versus centralised governance of health services (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 11. Art. No.: CD010830
- Sreeramareddy CT, Pradhan P, Sin S. Prevalence, distribution, and social determinants of tobacco use in 30 sub-Saharan African countries. BMC Med 2014 Dec 18;12(1):243.
- Sreeramareddy CT, Pradhan PMS, Mir IA, Sin S. Tobacco use in eight South and South-east Asian countries: Prevalence estimates and social determinants from Demographic and Health Surveys. Popul Health Metr. 2014 Aug 28;12:22.
- Sreeramareddy CT, Harsha Kumar HN, Sathian B. Time Trends and Inequalities of Under-Five Mortality in Nepal: A Secondary Data Analysis of Four Demographic and Health Surveys between 1996 and 2011. PLoS One. 2013 Nov 4;8(11):e79818.
- Sreeramareddy CT, Chew WF, Poulsaeman V, Boo NY, Choo KB, Yap SF. Blood pressure and its associated factors among primary school children in suburban Selangor, Malaysia: A cross-sectional survey. J Family Community Med. 2013 May;20(2):90-7.
- Sreeramareddy CT, Majeed Kutty NA, Razzaq Jabbar MA, Boo NY. Physical activity and associated factors among young adults in Malaysia: an online exploratory survey. Biosci Trends. 2012 Jun;6(3):103-9.
- Sreeramareddy CT, Sathyanarayana TN, Kumar HN. Utilization of health care services for childhood morbidity and associated factors in India: a national cross-sectional household survey. PloS One. 2012; 7(12):e51904
- Kutty NA, Sreeramareddy CT. A cross-sectional online survey of compulsive internet use and mental health of young adults in Malaysia. J Fam Community Med 2014;21:23-8
- Nagandla K, Idris N, Nalliah S, Sreeramareddy CT, George SRK, Kanagasabai S. Hormonal treatment for uterine adenomyosis. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 11. Art. No.: CD011372.
Co-author Publications as collaborator of Global Burden of Disease Study in Lancet and JAMA
- Global and National Burden of Diseases and Injuries Among Children and Adolescents Between 1990 and 2013: Findings From the Global Burden of Disease 2013 Study. JAMA Pediatr. 2016 Jan 25. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2015.4276.
- Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks in 188 countries, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2015 Dec 5;386(10010):2287-323. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00128-2.
- Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 306 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 188 countries, 1990-2013: quantifying the epidemiological transition. Lancet. 2015 Nov 28;386(10009):2145-91. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(15)61340-X.
- The Global Burden of Cancer 2013. JAMA Oncol. 2015 Jul;1(4):505-27. doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2015.0735.
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2015 Aug 22;386(9995):743-800. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(15)60692-4.
- Global, regional, and national age-sex specific all-cause and cause-specific mortality for 240 causes of death, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2015 Jan 10;385(9963):117-71. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(14)61682-2.
- Global, regional, and national incidence and mortality for HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2014 Sep 13;384(9947):1005-70. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60844-8.
- Global, regional, and national levels and causes of maternal mortality during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2014 Sep 13; 384(9947):980-1004. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60696-6.