August 28, 2017 Dinesh Kumar, Chellappan
Education and Training
|PhD||Manipal University, India||2009|
|MPharm||Manipal University, India||2003|
|BPharm||The Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University, India||2000|
- Diabetes Research
- Natural Products and Molecules
- Received a research grant of Rs. 1 Million from Millennium Research Laboratories, USA, for the project entitled, “Development of an antidiabetic herbal formulation based on the Indigenous system of medicine” (2006-2009).
National Research & Development Grants:
- FRGS project: Elucidation of mechanisms involved in the Neuroprotective properties of Padina species; a brown algae. Co-investigator (June 2013 – May 2015)
Supervision of Postgraduates (MSc/PhD)
(Last 5 years – 2012-2017)
Supervision of research:
- An investigation on the protective action of the aqueous extract of Auricularia polytricha in Paracetamol induced hepatotoxicity in rats (2 students) (2014)
- Gene expression studies on the hepatocytes of paracetamol intoxicated rats treated with the aqueous extract of Auricularia polytricha (2 students). (2015)
- Pharmacological evaluation of antidepressant like effect of genistein and its combination with amitriptyline: an acute and chronic study (2 students) (2014)
- Pharmacists’ Perceptions on Interprofessional Collaboration (2 students) (2014)
- Healthcare professionals’ perception of interprofessional working and roles of the members of healthcare team (5 students) (2014)
- Development of vascular explant model for the evaluation of mechanism of impaired wound healing in diabetes (1 student) (2014)
- NPY Y1 receptor expression in vascular smooth muscle cells cultured in varying concentrations of glucose (1 student) (2014)
- Effect of trans-isoferullic acid on CaMKII mediated phosphorylation in rat atrial and ventricular tissues (1 student) (2014)
- Evaluation of In vitro antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of synthesized N-acetylide alkyl benzamide derivatives (2 students). (2015)
- Hepatoprotective effect of annatto tocotrienol in acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in rats (2 students). (2015)
- Attitude and preparedness of undergraduate students towards interprofessional learning activities (4 students). (2015)
IMU Internal grant:
- Pharmacodynamics of ellagic acid on cardiac fibrosis in experimentally induced myocardial infarction (2014) (RM 20K)
- Malaysian Diabetic Association
- Malaysian Diabetic Educators Society
- Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
- Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India
- Association of Community Pharmacists of India
(last 6 years – 2012 -2017)
- S. Lakshmana Prabu, T.N.K. Suriyaprakash, C. Dinesh Kumar, S. Suresh Kumar, T. Ragavendran, Nutraceuticals: A Review, Elixir Pharmacy, 46 (2012) 8372-8377.
- Asif Iqbal Chittur Mohammed, Gunjan Manish, Chellappan Kumar Dinesh, Antimicrobial Activity of Tinospora crispa root extracts, International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy, 3(3) (2012) 417-419.
- Anbu Jeba Sunilson John Samuel, Syam Mohan, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Anandarajagopal Kalusalingam, Saraswathi Ariamuthu, Hibiscus vitifolius (Linn.) root extracts show potent protective action against anti-tubercular drug induced hepatotoxicity, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 141 (2012) 396-402.
- Sandeep Shetti, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Indra Prakash Sharma, Anandarajagopal Kalusalingam, Pharmacognostical Profile of Paereria foetida Linn. Leaves, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 3(7) (2012) 2075-2081.
- S. Lakshmana Prabu, T.N.K. Suriyaprakash, C. Dinesh Kumar, Intellectual Property Rights and its Development in India, Pharma Times, 44(7) (2012) 19-22.
- Sakthivel Lakshmana Prabu, Timmakondu Narasimman Kuppusami Suriyaprakash, Chellappan Dinesh Kumar, Subramaniam Suresh Kumar, Nutraceuticals and Their Medicinal Importance, International Journal of Health and Allied Sciences, 1(2) (2012) 47-53.
- Jaslin Edward J, Dinesh Kumar C, Padmaja V, Bino V, Anandarajagopal K, Pharmacognostical and Phytochemical Evaluation of Coleus spicatus Benth., International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research, 4(4) (2012) Article No.2.
- Cheng W Yee, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Are the Current Complementary and Alternative Therapies Available for the Treatment of Low Back Pain and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Reliable Clinically? A Review of the Literature, Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine, 18(3) (2013) 216-224.
- Kamal Dua, Srikumar Chakravarthi, Dinesh Kumar, Ravi Sheshala, Gaurav Gupta, Formulation, Characterization, In vivo, In vitro, and Histopathological Evaluation of Transdermal Drug Delivery Containing Norfloxacin and Curcuma longa, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation, 3(4) (2013) 183-187.
- JR Madan, Banode Sagar, Dinesh K Chellappan, Kamal Dua, Development and Evaluation of Transdermal Organogels Containing Nicorandil, Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Allergy Agents in Medicinal Chemistry, 12(3) (2013) 246-252.
- Gaurav Gupta, Rohit Verma, Sheba Rani David, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Firoz Anwar, Kamal Dua, Hepatoprotective Activity of Moralbosteroid a Steroidal Glycoside Isolated From Morus alba, Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine, March 2014, DOI 10.1007/s13596-014-0148-4.
- Gaurav Gupta, Gopala Krishna, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Kumar Shiva Gubbiyappa, Mayuren Candasamy, Kamal Dua, Protective Effect of Pioglitazone, a PPAR-gamma Agonist Against Acetaminophen Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats, Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 393(1-2) (2014) 223-228.
- Rohit Kumar Verma, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Awanish Kumar Pandey, Review on Treatment of Premenstrual Syndrome: From Conventional to Alternative Approach, Journal of Basic and Clinical Physiology and Pharmacology, 2014 Mar 12. pii: /j/jbcpp-ahead-of-print/jbcpp-2013-0072/jbcpp-2013-0072.xml. doi: 10.1515/jbcpp-2013-0072. [Epub ahead of print].
- Mayuren Candasamy, Talasila Eswara Gopala Krishna Murthy, Kumar Shiva Gubiyappa, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Gaurav Gupta, Alteration of Glucose Lowering Effect of Glibenclamide on Single and Multiple Treatments with Fenofibrate in Experimental Rats and Rabbit Models, Journal of Basic and Clinical Pharmacy, 5 (3) (2014) 62-67.
- Kamal Dua, Ravi Sheshala, Gaurav Gupta, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Dissolution Enhancement of Riboflavin by Complexation with Glucosyl-B-Cyclodextrin Choline Dichloride Coprecipitate, Bulletin of Pharmaceutical Research, 3 (S) (2014) B18.
- Gaurav Gupta, Tay Jia Jia, Lim Yee Woon, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Mayuren Candasamy and Kamal Dua, Pharmacological Evaluation of Antidepressant like Effect of Genistein and its Combination with Amitriptyline: An Acute and Chronic Study, Advances in Pharmacological Sciences, (2015) http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/ 164943.
- Kamal Dua, Ravi Sheshala, Haider A. Al-Waeli, Gaurav Gupta, Dinesh Kumar Chellappan, Antimicrobial Efficacy of Extemporaneously Prepared Herbal Mouthwashes, Recent Patents on Drug Delivery and Formulation, 9 (2015) E-pub ahead of print.
- Dinesh Kumar, Sivamalar, Shaminiswary, Mayuren, Purushotham, Gaurav Gupta, Kamal Dua, Jestin Chellian, The Protective Effect of the Aqueous Extract of Auricularia polytricha on Paracetamol Induced Hepatotoxicity in Sprague-Dawley Rats, Malaysian Journal of Pharmacy, 2 (1) (2015) PGP 02.
- Dinesh K Chellappan, Sivamalar Ganasen, Shaminiswary Batumalai, Mayuren Candasamy, Purushotham Krishnappa, Kamal Dua, Jestin Chellian, Gaurav Gupta, The Protective Action of the Aqueous Extract of Auricularia polytricha in Paracetamol Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats, Recent Patents on Drug Delivery and Formulation, 10 (2016) E-pub ahead of print.