August 28, 2017 Htar Htar, Aung
Education and Training
|PhD||Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan||2001|
|MBBS||University of Medicine 1, Myanmar||1990|
- Clinical anatomy
- Medical Education
Internal (as Principal Investigator)
- Research and Innovation Grant from International Islamic University Malaysia (EDW A11-022-0813) for ‘A comparative study of teaching Anatomy using prosected wet specimens, cadavers and simulated plastic models’ - MYR 5,000 (2010).
- Research and Innovation Grant from International Islamic University Malaysia (EDW B11-224-0702) for 'Radiographic study on the location of mandibular canal in patients attending IIUM dental clinics' – MYR 20,000 (2011- 2013).
- Grant from International Medical University Malaysia (IMU 309/2014) for 'Evaluation on application of anatomical knowledge in final year dental students: A comparative study between traditional and integrated curricula' – MYR 9,000 (2014-15).
Internal (as Co-researcher)
- Research Endowment Fund (Type A) (International Islamic University Malaysia) for ‘Application of Basic Medical Sciences in Clinical Dentistry’ – MYR 5000 (2011).
- Research and Innovation Grant from International Islamic University Malaysia (EDW B11-059-0537) for ‘A study of arterial variations of upper limb among medical students and staff in IIUM Kuantan’ – MYR 20,000 (2011)
Supervision of Postgraduates (MSc/PhD)
(Last 5 years – 2012-2017)
- A study of arterial variations of upper limb among medical students and staff in IIUM Kuantan – Shahida Bt Saharudin, MSc Project, 2011-2013.
- Medical Association of Myanmar
- Myanmar Society of Anatomy
- Myanmar Medical Council
- Scholarship from “MONBUSHO” Japan Government Monbu-kagakusho (1996-2001)
- IIUM Research, Innovation, Invention and Exhibition Bronze Medal, 2011
- IIUM Research, Innovation, Invention and Exhibition Bronze Medal, 2012
- IIUM Research, Innovation, Invention and Exhibition Bronze Medal, 2013
(last 5 years – 2012 -2017)
- Htar Htar Aung, Nazih Shaban Mustafa. Morphometric analysis of the mandibular canal and mental foramen using OPG and 3D CBCT: A comparative study. Proceedings of the Anatomy Association of Thailand. ISSN 1905-8748. 2012, 408-410.
- Asmawati binti Ramli, Tang Wai Mun & Htar Htar Aung. Anxiety and depression among the adult patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in a selected private hospital in Malaysia. Journal of Malaysian nurses of association. 2013; 9: 2-11.
- Shahida Saharudin, San San Lwin, Htar Htar Aung. Brachioradial Artery (BRA) and Superficial Bracgioulnar Artery (SBUA): A Case Report. IIUM Research, Invention, Innovation and Exhibition 2013.
- Htar Htar Aung, Tin Moe Nwe. Students’ preference of teaching tools for learning gross anatomy in integrated curriculum. 9th International Medical Education Conference. 2014; 68
- Htar Htar Aung, Shahida Saharudin, San San Lwin, Azlin Sa’at@ Yusof. Ultrasonographic study on the persistent median artery of the forearm in Malaysian adults. 2nd Congress of Asian Association of Clinical Anatomy. 2014; 89