The IMU School of Dentistry welcomes dental students to spend an elective period in the School for observation and/or research. In addition The IMU School of Dentistry offers a specially designed intensive Student Mobility Programme over a period of 4 weeks with the aim of providing participants with hands-on workshops on selected topics to enhance skills besides opportunity to participate in student centered teaching and learning activities such as problem-based learning, case-based learning and seminars. Participants will have opportunities to interact with IMU dental students who will be their buddies.
|Venue||School of Dentistry, International Medical University|
|Date||Fourth Week of July until Third Week of August|
|Schedule for 2017||Week 1 (24 Jul - 28 Jul)
Week 2 (31 Jul - 4 Aug)
Week 3 (7 Aug - 11 Aug)
Week 4 (14 Aug - 18 Aug)
|Activities||Educational Programmes, Community Service Programme, Social Programmes.|
Applicant must be:
- An undergraduate dental student with good academic standing
- Clinical year students (Year 3-5)
Participants are given the flexibility to select any one or more weeks that they are interested to participate.
|Week||Plenary / Seminars / PBL|
Below is the fee structure for the programme. Total fees will vary depending on total weeks that participants applied for.
|Fee (per week)||Social Events|
Professional Pass Application
Students applying for the mobility programme at IMU are required to apply for a Professional Pass. The University will apply for the pass on your behalf from the Malaysian Immigration Department. This may take 6-8 weeks. We advise that all documents arrive eight (8) weeks before the commencement date.
The following documents are required for a Professional Pass application:
- Four (4) recent passport type photos with sky blue background (3.5 cm x 5.0 cm)
- Three (3) sets of photocopy of your passport – include all pages, including blank pages. Passport must be valid for at least one year from the commencement date.
- Letter from your current university approving your admission for the mobility programme and the duration of the elective
- University academic transcripts
How To Apply?
- To ease the application process, kindly have the digital copy of your Curricular Vitae (CV) ready. The CV is to be uploaded to complete the application.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Dean of School of Dentistry, Programme Director and other School of Dentistry Faculty and Staff.
- Please provide a valid email address and contact number as we will be contacting you via email / phone.