The IMU School of Dentistry welcomes dental students to spend an elective period in the School for observation and/or research. In addition The IMU School of Dentistry offers a specially designed intensive Student Mobility Programme over a period of 4 weeks with the aim of providing participants with hands-on workshops on selected topics to enhance skills besides opportunity to participate in student centered teaching and learning activities such as problem-based learning, case-based learning and seminars. Participants will have opportunities to interact with IMU dental students who will be their buddies.
|Venue||School of Dentistry, International Medical University|
|Date||Fourth Week of July until Third Week of August|
|Schedule for 2018||Week 1 (23 Jul - 27 Jul 2018)
Week 2 (30 Jul - 3 Aug 2018)
Week 3 (6 Aug - 10 Aug 2018)
Week 4 (13 Aug - 17 Aug 2018)
|Schedule for 2019||Week 1 (22 July - 26 July 2019)
Week 2 (29 July - 2 August 2019)
Week 3 (5 Aug - 9 Aug 2019)
Week 4 (12 Aug - 16 Aug 2019)
|Activities||Educational Programmes, Community Service Programme, Social Programmes.|
Applicant must be:
- An undergraduate dental student with good academic standing
- Clinical year students (Year 3-5)
Participants are given the flexibility to select any one or more weeks that they are interested to participate.
|Week||Plenary / Seminars / PBL|
Mobility fees will vary depending on type of activities and total weeks that participants applied for.
Professional Pass Application
Students applying for the mobility programme at IMU are required to apply for a Professional Pass. The University will apply for the pass on your behalf from the Malaysian Immigration Department. This may take 6-8 weeks. We advise that all documents arrive eight (8) weeks before the commencement date.
The following documents are required for a Professional Pass application:
- Four (4) recent passport type photos with sky blue background (3.5 cm x 5.0 cm)
- Three (3) sets of photocopy of your passport – include all pages, including blank pages. Passport must be valid for at least one year from the commencement date.
- Letter from your current university approving your admission for the mobility programme and the duration of the elective
- University academic transcripts
How To Apply?
- To ease the application process, kindly have the digital copy of your Curricular Vitae (CV) ready. The CV is to be uploaded to complete the application.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Dean of School of Dentistry, Programme Director and other School of Dentistry Faculty and Staff.
- Please provide a valid email address and contact number as we will be contacting you via email / phone.