The IMU School of Pharmacy Student Inbound Programme
The IMU School of Pharmacy welcomes undergraduate students in pharmacy, pharmaceutical chemistry and health Sciences to spend an elective period in the School for observation and research. The following are the various Student Mobility Programmes offered by the School of Pharmacy.
- The application for research placement is open throughout the year. The application must be made three months prior to the research attachment. Minimum Duration: 6 weeks.Proposed Fee: RM500/ week
Observational/ Study Visit
- This is a Student Mobility Programme over a period of 2 to 4 weeks with the aim of providing participants an opportunity to experience the teaching and learning activities such as problem-based learning, workshops, case-based learning and seminars together with the in house students. Participants will have opportunities to exchange knowledge and skills through the interactions with IMU Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutical Chemistry students who will also be their buddies. Participants are given the flexibility to decide on the date and duration of their study visit (at least 2 weeks).Available topics (depending on the date of study visit)1. Diabetes Management
2. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry
3. CNS System
4. GI System
8. Ethics and Laboratory Safety
9. Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry
10. Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology
11. Synthetic Organic Chemistry
12. Polymer Chemistry
Short Malaysia Visit Course
- The IMU School of Pharmacy offers a specially designed “Short Malaysia Visit Course” over a period of two weeks with the aim of providing participants with hands-on workshops on “Drug Discovery”. This short visit course also includes simple fun learning activities applying the knowledge in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical technology. Participants also have the opportunity to experience community service as well as to explore the cultural diversity of Malaysia. Meal is not provided for each scheduled day except for the Full-day tour to Malacca (lunch + evening tea) and the Farewell Ceremony (lunch).
Proposed Registration Fee
International Participant: USD 500
Venue School of Pharmacy, International Medical University
Educational Programmes, Community Service Programme, Social Programme
Schedule for 2019
Schedule for 2020
How to Apply?
Please contact the school mobility coordinator. VIEW COORDINATOR’S DETAILS