Workshop on Fundamentals of Teaching and Learning (FTL 22/1)
Date: 21 March 2021 (Monday)
Time: 8:30am -5:00pm
Duration: 8 Hours
Platform: ICE Training Centre
- Associate Prof Dr Nilesh Kumar Mitra
- Associate Prof Dr Muneer Gohar Babar
- Associate Prof Dr Chen Yu Sui
- Associate Prof Dr Gnanajothy Ponnudurai
- Associate Prof Dr Snigdha Misra
- Dr Wong Pei Se
- Dr Sunil Pazhayanur Venkateswaran
Aim of the workshop:-
To outline expectations & trigger capacity building for new faculty in IMU.
1. Collate opinions on the characteristics of a good teacher.
2. Initiate personal professional development as an educator.
1. Discuss 8 roles of teacher that facilitates learning in the contemporary world.
2. Perform self-evaluation using the FAC-CAT instrument.
3. Identify personalized learning needs.
4. Identify characteristics of outcome-based education (OBE).
5. Design learning experience using elements for OBE.
6. Construct an individual development plan (IDP).