Introduction to Qualitative Research: Approaches, Methods and Analysis
Date: 05 December 2023 (Tuesday)
Time: 09:00 am to 04:30 pm
Training Mode: Face-to-Face
Training Venue: TBA
- AP Dr Bhavani Veasuvalingam
- Dr Norul Hidayah Mamat
- Ms Siti Suriani Abd Razak
- Role 1: Information provider and guide
- Role 2: Role model as teacher & practitioner
- Role 4: Assessor
- Role 6: Manager & change agent
- Role 7: Scholar & researcher
- Role 8: Professional & enquirer into own competence
This workshop will give an overview of qualitative research in terms of the approaches, methods, and analysis. The workshop will dwell on various approaches of qualitative research, methods of data collection and analysis, and the rigour in conducting qualitative research. There will be a combination of mini-lectures with small group sessions to explore and discuss in depth to promote a good understanding of this topic.
After this, the participants will be able to:
- describe the key approaches to qualitative research methods.
- explain qualitative research methods in general and within an educational perspective.
- distinguish the qualitative research data collection methods.
- discuss the significance of the data analysis in qualitative research.
- identify factors that contribute to the rigour of qualitative research.