December 5, 2018 Professor Dr Er Hui Meng
Professor Dr Er Hui Meng
BSc (Hons) (Sydney), PhD (Sydney), PgCert MedEd (Dundee)
Dean, Teaching and Learning
Acting Director, IMU Centre of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Curriculum design and development
- Teaching and Learning
- Quality Assurance
Involvement in Conference/Symposium/Faculty Development Activities
- Facilitator for IMU Faculty Development Workshops:
- Fundamentals of Teaching and Learning
- Aligning and Contextualising Programme Educational Objectives and Programme Learning Outcomes
- Flipped Classroom
- Assessment blueprinting
- Setting higher order thinking questions
- Item analysis
- Assessment rubric design
- Open book assessments
- Effective feedback
- Peer Observation of Teaching
- Speaker (symposium on “Learning and Data Analytics”) on the topic “ Personalised Learning from Learning Analytics, Getting the People, Process and Systems Aligned” at APMEC Virtual Conference, 14 Jan 2022.
- Facilitator for Pre-Conference Workshop on “ Peer Observation of Teaching: Providing a Safe and Supportive Environment for Faculty” at 15th Asia Pacific Medical Education Conference (APMEC), National University of Singapore, 13 Jan 2022.
- Speaker on the topic “Enhancing student engagement in undergraduate medical education during the COVID 19 pandemic” at ASEAN Medical Education Alliance Webinar organized by University of Chulalongkorn, 7 Jan 2021.
- Speaker (panel discussion) on the topic “New Norm in Education” at IMU Learning Resources Festival 27 Oct 2021.
- Co-facilitator for Pre-Conference Workshop on “Adapting to changes in assessments and moving towards equivalence” at the 5th International Conference on Health Professions Education organized by the University of Lahore, 29 Oct 2021.
- Facilitator for Pre-Conference Workshop on “Development of Institutional Assessment Framework for Improving Assessment Quality and Efficiency” at the Ottawa Conference, Kuala Lumpur, 2 Mar 2020.
- Facilitator for Conference Workshop on “Development of Institutional Assessment Framework: Practical Approaches for Postgraduate Education” at the AMEE Conference, Vienna, 27 August 2019.
- International Medical Education Conference (2016: Secretary for Scientific Committee; 2017: Chair of Scientific Committee; 2018: Chair of Organising Committee).
- Facilitator for Pre-Conference Workshop on “Development And Implementation Of Online Assessment Systems (OAS) For Health Professions Education Based On Educational Frameworks: Practical Tips For Success” at the Ottawa Conference, Abu Dhabi, 10-14 Mar 2018.
- Facilitator for Pre-Conference Workshop on “From Conceptualisation to Implementation: Development of an Online Assessment System” at the 15th Asia Pacific Medical Education Conference (APMEC), National University of Singapore, 10-14 Jan 2018.
- Speaker for Plenary on “Principles of Adult Learning and Roles of the Preceptor” at the Preceptorship for Health Care Professionals and Nurses Workshop, IMU, 13 Sep 2017.
- Facilitator for Workshop on “How to Provide Effective Feedback on Reflective Writing”, IMU, 27 Nov 2017.
- Facilitator for Effective Feedback for Clinical Teaching Workshop, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 24 Aug 2017.
- Facilitator for Assessment Workshop, School of Pharmacy, Taylor’s University, Malaysia, 22 Sep 2016.