January 18, 2019 Dr Norul Hidayah binti Mamat @ Muhammad
Dr Norul Hidayah binti Mamat @ Muhammad
BSc (Hons) Human Sciences (Psychology) (IIUM)
MEd Educational Psychology (USM)
PhD Educational Psychology (IIUM)
Senior Lecturer, IMU Centre for Education
Areas of Expertise
- Educational Psychology
- Qualitative Research
Involvement in Conference/Symposium/Faculty Development Activities
- 14th International Medical Education Conference (IMEC) Virtual Conference 2021. Organized by International Medical University. 12 – 14 March 2021
- Webinar on Reflection of 2020. Organized by IMU Centre for Education. 16 January 2021
- OTTAWA Conference 2020. Co organized by International Medical University & International Association for Medical Education (AMEE). 29 February – 4 March 2020
- The 12th Jakarta Meeting on Medical Education. Organized by Department of Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia. 18 – 20 October 2019 /
- IMU ICE Writing Retreat 2019. Organized by International Medical University. 27 – 29 September 2019
- AMEE 2019 Conference. Organized by an International Association for Medical Education (AMEE) 2019, Vienna, Austria. 24 – 28 August 2019
- APME-Net Writing Retreat Workshop. Organized by Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand. 5 – 7 July 2019
- Research Writing Retreat. Organized by Department of Medical Education, Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia. 17 – 18 October 2018
- 13th International Medical Education Conference (IMEC) 2018. Organized by International Medical University. 13 – 15 April 2018
- 9th AMEA Symposium cum Frontiers in Medical and Health Sciences Education. Organized by Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, the University of Hong Kong. 14 – 16 December 2017
- National Health Professional Undergraduate Research Conference. Organized by International Medical University. 26 October 2017
- The 1st Asean Medical Education Conference (AMEC) & the 5th Asia-Pacific Medical Education Network (APMNet Meeting). Organized by University of Chulalongkorn, Bangkok, Thailand. 16 – 21 May 2017
- 12th International Medical Education Conference (IMEC) 2017. Organized by International Medical University. 7 – 9 April 2017
- Design, Practice and Assessment of Experiential Learning for Health Professions Education based on Contextual Needs and Settings. Organized by an International Association for Medical Education (AMEE) 2016. 27 – 31 August 2016
- A lifetime member of Qualitative Research Association Malaysia and has received an appointment as MQA Panelist for Educational Psychology.
- Panel of Assessor for Mock ProvisionalAccreditation – Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes Management and Education ODL, International Medical University / 2022
- Chair, Panel of Assessor for Provisional Accreditation – Diploma of Psychology, University Tun Abdul Razak / 2021
- Panel of Assessor for Full Accreditation – Bachelor of Psychology, Lincoln University College / 2021
- Panel of Assessor for Full Accreditation – Bachelor of Psychology (Honours), QUEST International University / 2021
- Panel of Assessor for Provisional Accreditation – Diploma in Psychology, PICOMS International University College / 2021
- Panel of Assessor for Provisional Accreditation – Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology with Professional Placement, University of Reading Malaysia / 2020
- Panel of Assessor for Mock Accreditation – Bachelor of Digital Health, International Medical University / 2020
- Panel of Assessor for Provisional Accreditation – Diploma in Psychology, Kolej Institut Jantung Negara (IJN) / 2019
- Panel of Assessor for Provisional Accreditation – Diploma in Psychology, Kolej Unikop / 2019
- Panel of Assessor for Mock Accreditation – Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes Management and Education, International Medical University / 2019
Publications in Health Professions Education
- Norillah binti Abdullah, Rabiu Garba Idris, Norul Hidayah binti Mamat Muhammad& Jamilah Amin Niazi. (2022). Socratic Questioning: A Philosophical Approach in Developing Critical Thinking Skills. Al-Hikmah International Journal of Islamic Studies and Human Sciences. July 2022.
- Seow, H. Y., Wu, M. H. L., Mohan, M., Mamat, N.H., Kutzsche, H. E., & Pau, A. (2022). The effect of transactional analysis training on emotional intelligence in health professions students. BMC Medical Education, 22(1), 1-9.
- Chan, S. M. H., Mamat, N. H., & Nadarajah, V. D. (2022). Mind your language: the importance of english language skills in an International Medical Programme (IMP). BMC Medical Education,22(1), 1-7.
- Sam, C. P., Mamat, N. H., & Nadarajah, V. D. (2022). An exploratory study on the challenges faced and coping strategies used by preclinical medical students during the COVID-19 crisis. Korean Journal of Medical Education,34(2), 95-106.
- Chitra, E., Hidayah, N., Chandratilake, M., & Nadarajah, V. D. (2022). Self-reulated learning practice of undergraduate students in health profesions programs. Frontiers in Medicine, 9, 1-11. DOI: 10.3389/fmed.2022.803069.
- Venkateswaran, S. P., Agarwal, R., Ismail, N. M., Hidayah, N., Wilson, I. G., Shankar, P. R., & Nadarajah, V. D. (2021). Utility of online clinical teaching: an analysis of feedback from students. South-East Asian Journal of Medical Education, 15.
- Mamat, N. H., & Nik Ahmad, H. I. (2021). Integration of emotional intelligence in teaching practice among university teachers in higher education. Malaysian Journal of Learning and Instruction,18 (2).
- Brouwer, E., Driessen, E., Mamat, N. H.,Nadarajah, V. D., Somodi, K., & Frambach, J. (2020). Educating universal professionals or global physicians? A multi-centre study of international medical programmes design. Medical Teacher, 42(2), 221-227.
- Norul Hidayah Mamat, Vishna Devi Nadarajah, Hui Meng Er, Srinivasan Ramamurthy & Peter Chuen Keat Pook (2019) Student evaluation of the learning environment in an undergraduate pharmacy programme: Lessons for educators, Medical Teacher, DOI: 1080/0142159X.2019.1654089.
- Tan, Y.T, Mellor, D. & Norul Hidayah. (2014). Ratings of physical attractiveness within young, romantically engaged couples in Malaysia. Asian Journal of Social Psychology. DOI 10.111/ajsp.12074.
- Ganesan, R., Norul Hidayah., Mellor, D. Rizzuto, L., & Kolar, C. (2014).Procrastination and the 2 X 2 achievement goal framework in Malaysian undergraduate students. Psychology in the Schools. Vol. 51 (5): 506-516.
- Mellor, D., Vinet, E. V., Xu, X., Norul Hidayah.,Richardson, B. & Roman, F. (2014) Factorial Invariance of the DASS-21 among Adolescents in Four Countries. European Journal of Psychological Assessment. DOI: 10.1027/1015-5759/a000218.
- Mellor, D., Hucker, A., Waterhouse, M., Norul Hidayah, Xu, X., Cochrane, J., McCabe, M. & Ricciardelli, L. (2014). A cross-cultural study investigating body features associated with male adolescents’ body dissatisfaction in Australia, China, and Malaysia. American Journal of Men’s Health. 1-11 DOI: 10.1177/1557988314528370.
- Mellor, D., Waterhouse, M., Norul Hidayah., Xiaoyan, X. Cochrane, J., McCabe, M. & Ricciardelli, L. (2013). Which body features are associated with female adolescents’ body dissatisfaction? A cross cultural study in Australia, China and Malaysia. Body Image (2013) 10 (1): 54-61.
- Sheryn, W., Mellor, D., Norul Hidayah., (2012). Forgiveness, empathy and gender: A Malaysian perspectives. Journal of Sex Roles (2012) 67: 98-107.
- Mellor, D., Ricciardelli, L. A, McCabe, M., Yeow, J., Norul Hidayah. & Hapidzal, N. (2010). Psychosocial correlates of body image and body change behaviors among Malaysian Adolescent Boys and Girls. Sex Roles. DOI 10.1007/s11199-010-9812-4.
- Mellor, D., Yeow, J., Norul Hidayah, & Hafiz, F., (2008). The relationship between childhood cruelty to animals and psychological adjustments. Anthrozoos. Vol 21. Issue 4: 363-3743-374.