July 9, 2021 PGCHPE- Open and Distance Learning (ODL)
Health Professions Education (Postgraduate Certificate)
Open Distance Learning (ODL)- September 2023 Intake
The Open and Distance Learning (ODL) option for the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Professions Education (PGCHPE) is designed as an international programme for healthcare professionals across the globe who wish to work with leading experts to enhance their roles as clinical or academic faculty. It is developed and facilitated by health professions education experts and aims to provide an understanding of the principal issues of learning, teaching, assessment, and professional practice. Using online technology, and contextual teaching-learning strategies, this programme will enhance knowledge and skills as an educator and translate them into practice with confidence.
- Well developed, contextual content, one module fully dedicated to e-learning teaching, ample opportunities for work-based learning and
hands-on experience on Assessment
- A comprehensive program of short duration, Flexible and structured, with chances to interact with national and international experts and
personalised learning facility.
- Flexible, synchronous, and asynchronous with support from the facilitators.
- Regular assessment through quizzes and assignment writing with timely feedback for all assessments. No final examination.
This is a modular course of 5 Modules and consists of 20 credits.
- Educating the 21st Century Healthcare Professionals
- Theories and Methods of Learning and Teaching in HPE
- E-learning in Health Professions Education
- Workplace-based Learning in Health Professions Education
- Assessment and Feedback
- Weekly online synchronous/synchronous tutorials.
- Stimulating weekly learning activities.
- Facilitated discussion forums.
- Reflective exercises.
- Practical application of teaching and learning in their clinical or academic environment.
- Moodle is used as our learning management system - flexible with gradebooks, interactive online classrooms, and much more.
- The synchronous sessions or individualised meetings are conducted via MS Teams.
- 24/7 technical support available to ensure smooth learning experience.
Who Can Apply?
Anyone associated with health professions with the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the University’s Senate; OR
A Bachelor’s Degree in the field or related fields or
equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and not meeting a CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
Applicants must show proficiency in the English language.
For more enquiries regarding Postgraduate in Health Professions Education, kindly email to:
- Dr Norul Hidayah Mamat, Programme Director for Postgraduate Programmes in Health Professions Education
Kindly visit IMU PGHPE page for more information about the programme.