March 3, 2022 Professor Dr Sharifah Sulaiha Hj Syed Aznal
Professor Dr Sharifah Sulaiha Hj Syed Aznal
PGCert. Med. Edu (Dundee)
Masters O&G, Malaysia
MbChb Glasgow, Scotland
Professor Of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Areas of Expertise
Workplace based Assessment
Curriculum Design and Evaluation
Obstetrics and Gynaecology with special interest in Urogynaecology
Involvement in Conference/Symposium/Faculty Development Activities
Has participated/ organized or co-organised:
Ottawa KL & Abu Dhabi
AMEA Hong Kong
Has facilitated workshops in clinical education internally and externally.
Leading projects on Curriculum revision for Medical programme, development of WPBA tool for IMU, Enhanced PPD program for SOM
- Has participated/ organized or co-organised in Ottawa KL & Abu Dhabi, APMEC Singapore, IMEC Malaysia, AMEA Hong Kong, Colombo MEC, Japan MEC.
- Has facilitated workshops in clinical education internally and externally.
- Leading projects on Curriculum revision for Medical programme, development of WPBA tool for IMU, Enhanced PPD program for SOM.
Publications in Health Professions Education
- Nadarajah Vishna, Sow Chew Fei, Aznal Sulaiha, Montagu A., Boursicot Katharine, Er Hui. (2021). EASI framework: implementation of an online clinical and communication skills teaching. South-East Asian Journal of Medical Education. 15. 42. 10.4038/seajme.v15i0.340.
- Sharifah Sulaiha Syed Aznal, Vishna Devi V Nadarajah, Siew Kim Kwa, Liang Lin Seow, David WK Chong, Nagashekhara Molugulu, Erwin Jiayuan Khoo & Pei Sin Keng (2021) Validation of a ‘Work Readiness Scale’ for health professional (HP) graduates, Medical Teacher, 43:sup1, S33-S38, DOI: 1080/0142159X.2019.1697434
- Online formative assessments: exploring their educational value.Nagandla, Kavitha. Sulaiha, Sharifah, Nalliah, Sivalingam. Journal of Advances in Medical Education & Professionalism. [S.l.], v. 6, n. 2, p. 51-57, mar. 2018. ISSN 2322-3561. Available at: http://jamp.sums.ac.ir/index.php/JAMP/article/view/876>.
- Task-based Learning: Student’s perception of their skill in participating in small group discussions. Sharifah Sulaiha SA, Nurjahan MI, Nagarajah Lee. IeJSME 2009: 3 (1): 8-12
- Thiruselvi Subramaniam, Sulaiha Aznal, Arshad Akram. Evolution of Clinical Simulation training in undergraduate medical curriculum and Pandemic Led Acceleration: The International Medical University (IMU), Malaysia Journey. Submitted to Academic Medicine Feb 2022.
- Giap TC, Sulaiha Aznal, Aaron Prasad et al. Empowering clinical students through peer learning in a Medical programme – What works?. Submitted to J of MedEdu and Curriculum. Feb 2022
- Mei Ling Young, Sharifah Sulaiha Syed Aznal, Sheba Mani et al. English and Humanities in the IMU. Chapter ·January 2015: In book: Learning for the Future: The IMU Experiment, Chapter: 11, Publisher: International Medical University, Editors: P.K.C. Lim and J.W. Mak, pp.186-211
- Kew Siang Tong, Sharifah Sulaiha Syed Aznal, Shahid Mitta et al.Simulation in Teaching-Learning of Health Care Professionals in a Virtual Hospital Setting. Chapter January 2015: In book: Learning for the Future: The IMU Experiment, Chapter: 11, Publisher: International Medical University, Editors: P.K.C. Lim and J.W. Mak, pp.186-211